We are a brew club located in the Northwestern metro area of Minneapolis, specifically in Monticello (not strictly in Northwest Metro).
Our mission is brewing better Beer and Wine - for fun and education.
This is the latest new from us.
You can edit this description in the Content Category Manager.
This will show the most recent article. You can easily change it to show more if you wish.
The module on the left shows a list of older articles.
- Meeting was called to order @ 6:30pm at Extreme
- The last presentations at Lupulin Brewery were hard to hear because of a lot of noise and most people missed at least some of the presentation.
- Hayes Public house is willing to host our meeting, but Extreme will remain River City's primary meeting place.
- Two club members advanced to final rounds of the AHA nationals. Wayne M won a silver for his English Barley Wine; Wayne D. won a gold for a Kolsch and a bronze for a pale ale.
- Next competition will be MCAB in St. Paul; there is also a all mead competition in Florida (Sunshine Mead Comp)
- Barrel project, RIS or Belgian? Richard to lead?
- Next driveway brew: Mark said he could host it in June at his home in Big Lake, date to be determined.
- The club had tasting of home brew flaws. Michelob lite was dosed with diacetyl (butter), geosmin (earthy, some described it as soil or potatoes-beets) and ethyl acetate (nail polish).
- We also tasted some wonderful meads from Kit and Paul, along with a bunch of beers from numerous members (this is always the most interesting part of the meeting, in my humble opinion).